I altered the picture in PSE to get some hard lines which I traced onto a floral batik fabric. The hands were free motion stitched, mine with a cotton thread and Indi's with a finer, smoother polyester. The background quilting simply echoes the flowers and leaves of the fabric, stitched with a colourful variegated thread. I feel that the hands blend too much into the background so I will possibly add some colour with pencils or paintsticks, or maybe paint. The quilt is bound with a red solid fabric.
After many hours stitching my back and neck were aching so I went outside to stretch my legs and came across this little fellow under the clothesline. I blame him for being late posting my quilt because I couldn't resist taking lots and lots of photos of him.